We challenge all Calgarians to become Crosswalk Champions by making the following commitment to Calgary’s children:
I PROMISE TO IMPROVE SAFETY FOR CHILDREN ON CALGARY’S STREETS
– EVEN WHEN I’M LATE.
- I will remember that children may be headed through my neighborhood on their way to school early in the day, and will be prepared to slow or stop for them.
- I will remain aware of school and playground zones, and slow my speed to posted limits.
WHEN DELIVERING OR PICKING UP CHILDREN FROM SCHOOL:
- I will choose safety over convenience.
- I will obey traffic signs and laws.
- I will always use crosswalks.
- I will not take unsafe shortcuts, make illegal u-turns, jaywalk or let children out on the road, in no stop or bus zones.
- Recognizing that children follow my example, I will model safe behaviours.
* Note: we will never use the email address that you enter for spamming purposes.
Crosswalk Champion PledgeRead the petition
Want to run a Community Champions campaign for your school, community or youth group? Download our printable pledge form, and remember to e-mail to let us know how many signatures you receive!